Wednesday, January 4

Merry Xmas & Happy New Year















I have to start of by apologizing for being so quiet in the last few weeks and not writing and letting you guys know what has been happening in and out of the water at Paradise the last few weeks. I can promise you its not because there has not been anything to write about, there has been so much happening and now there is lots to write about it.

We have been really busy with loads of divers, courses and events happening in the last two weeks. I have been teaching my first PADI Dive Master course and it kept me well busy. Cecilia came to stay at Paradise for the second time around and this time it was for her to enter the world of professional divers. She has been wanting to complete her DM course for the past 15 years so it has been a big buildup to a course that was well worth it in the end. After spending many hours underwater practicing skills, making maps, doing search and recovery scenarios, working with students and loads of workshops she finally passed all her exams with flying colors. Before I started this course I started thinking back to how much I learned and enjoyed my course and this is exactly what I wanted to give to her. She is a confident diver, great student and a wonderful person whom I will never forget. Not just cause she was my 1st DM course but also cause of the wonderful lady she is and the great luck she had with all the Manta rays!

When Cecilia arrived she joined Kim for an afternoon shore dive and it wasn’t long before they spotted the 1st Manta on a dive for this season. Every afternoon after dives and courses she would swim out from the dock to go looking for the Mantas. After her 1st snorkel session she came back exstatic from seeing two Mantas and a Hammerhead shark. Of course everybody was joking about it as she never took her camera, so she went back the following day with a camera and returned with the proof of the Mantas on her camera. During her stay her cousin also visited us from Italy. She not being a diver, we convinced her to take a Discover Scuba course with Marion our reservations manager. After an hour or so in the pool we took them for a shore dive and it wasn’t even 5mins when the Manta swam straight past us on their 1st dive ever! For me this is such an unbelievable experience for these guys as it took me over 700 dives before I saw my 1st Manta! The girls came back smiling and I’m glad they enjoyed it.

Like always the diving has been great. Mantas on shore dives and making appearances at Vuna Reef, Leopard sharks, amazing Nudibranches, a Star gazer (which I have never seen before), great dives on the White Wall and some very interesting currents have made divers from all over leave with big smiles. A couple of Open Water courses has also been great fun! Such fortunate divers to come and get qualified in the amazing waters of Taveuni, Fiji.

Out side of the water we have also been having a great time with the Christmas and New Years. We had such a great day with many laughs at Paradise staff Xmas party. The staff brought their families for a day of fun here at the resort. Loads of games brought much laughter and the food everybody brought was delicious.
On Christmas eve we had a wonderful dinner with the guest and I really enjoyed hearing the local choir who came to perform for us!

New Years was also a fantastic evening! The resort was full house so lots of faces all around. Alan provided us with some great light shows that really got everybody going! It was a good night and an amazing way to go into the New Year!

I want to end off this blog to let everybody know that my housing has finally arrived back on the island and so you can expect to be seeing many more underwater photos. ALSO a new toy called the Go Pro Hero camera has arrived. This is my new filming device so keep an eye out for some video footage in the near future!





1 comment:

CC said...

Thank you CJ!! I will never forget my DM course and my DM instructor either!
-Cecilia